Shoulders are the most mobile joints in the body. Composed of numerous nerves, ligaments, tendons, and other tissues, any irritation or injury to these components is likely to cause shoulder pain. While shoulder pain can become debilitating, chiropractic care can help. At Greenacres Chiropractic Clinic in Spokane Valley, WA, our chiropractor provides natural pain relief options for shoulder pain and other ailments. We work to treat the root cause of your pain to provide long-lasting relief.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are many different conditions and injuries that can cause shoulder pain. Whether mild or severe, any shoulder pain can interfere with your ability to perform the activities you love. It is important to understand the cause of your shoulder pain to know what treatment you need. Here are some of the most common causes of shoulder pain:
- Trauma: Sports injuries, auto accidents, falls, and slips may injure your shoulder’s joints, causing pain and restricted movement. Trauma leads to shoulder dislocation and sprains and strains on the shoulder muscles.
- Arthritis: Arthritis causes deformation on the joints, causing pain and inflammation.
- Rotator cuff tears: Muscle overuse can cause tears on the rotator cuff. Chronic inflammation may also lead to tendons wearing down, resulting in throbbing pain that can even interrupt your sleep.
- Frozen shoulder: This condition occurs when the ball socket joint is inflamed, causing stiffness, pain, and restricted mobility.
- Tendonitis and bursitis: Tendonitis happens when the shoulder’s tendons become irritated or inflamed. On the other hand, bursitis occurs when the lining of the shoulder bones (bursae) becomes inflamed due to injury or repetitive muscle use.
- Spinal issues: Your shoulders are integral joints connected to the nerves on the neck, back, and the rest of the body. If you are experiencing shoulder pain, it could be radicular pain due to misalignments in the spine.
As you can see, there are numerous causes of shoulder pain. Our chiropractor will determine the cause of your pain to see what treatment would benefit you the most.
Shoulder Pain Treatment
Our chiropractor will create a customized treatment plan for your shoulder pain. Some of the methods we may use include:
- Adjustments: Our chiropractor uses gentle chiropractic adjustments to realign the spine and body, which reduces inflammation, pain, and restricted mobility.
- Massage therapy: Massages will reduce swelling and inflammation to promote healing in the shoulder.
- Corrective exercises: Our chiropractor will give you stretching and strengthening exercises to improve your range of motion and speed up your recovery.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Spokane Valley, WA for Shoulder Pain Relief
If you are suffering from shoulder numbness, stiffness, or pain, we can help. At Greenacres Chiropractic Clinic in Spokane Valley, WA, our chiropractor will treat your shoulder pain naturally and help you heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.